Elsa Pau of BlueOnion discusses how asset managers can untangle the mess of ESG data.
Published on March 03, 2022
Elsa Pau has gone from publishing to data and now to fintech, with her startup BlueOnion.
She spoke with Jame DiBiasio about the challenges asset managers face concerning ESG data, her path from publisher to tech entrepreneur, and how to untangle the complexities of data for sustainable investing.
- 0:00 – Elsa Pau, BlueOnion
- 1:33 – Publishing asset-management magazines
- 4:16 – Creating the database
- 5:10 – From media to fintech
- 6:40 – Asset manager challenges with ESG
- 8:40 – BlueOnion’s data portal
- 11:30 – Connecting data to portfolios
- 12:53 – ESG data, metrics complexity
- 15:55 – Lack of ESG data consistency
- 21:21 – Fintech’s role in ESG
- 22:20 – From fintech back to media
This article was originally published on Digital Finance – ESG data | Elsa Pau, BlueOnion | DigFin VOX Ep 25 (03 Mar, 2022)